APHE members are welcomed and encouraged to take an active role in the association.
Most of the association's work is completed by committees. The full list of committees and respective chairpersons can be found on our committees page
The following committees are currently seeking volunteers.
- Exhibiting Committee (sub-committee of Marketing)
- Auction Committee (sub-committee of Finance)
- Technology Committee
- Listserv Committee (sub-committee)
- Website Committee (sub-committee)
If you are interested in lending your time and talents to one or more committees, send an e-mail to email@example.com
indicating your preferences with "COMMITTEE REQUEST" in the subject line.
Board of Directors
Directors are elected annually and serve 3-year terms (term length is approximate depending on when the elections take place). The nominating committee accepts applications and nominations to the Board of Directors. At the time of application, applicants and nominees must:
- Be an APHE member in good standing for 1 full year
- Have attended at least one APHE National Humane Education Conference
- Have at least one year's experience, either in a paid or volunteer position, in humane education or a related field
Applicants and nominees must be prepared to travel twice a year to different locations for meetings. This requires that board applicants and nominees have the support of their Executive Director and/or their Board of Directors, since this commitment will require time away from work, travel costs and availability to participate in conference calls. Limited funds may be available to assist with some travel costs.
If you would like more information on how to apply or nominate someone to the Board of Directors, please contact the nominating committee chair (listed on our Committees page
) via firstname.lastname@example.org